Sydney Cricket Ground – Bradman Nobel Stand
The project was awarded to Barnwell Cambridge as a “Design and Construct” turn-key solution for all related services. The SCG was required to remain operational throughout the upgrade, with a number of different games of varied sports played during the construction period.
The project incorporated bespoke utilisation of systems not previously installed in order to achieve the Alternative Fire Engineered Solution developed for the site. The PA system was developed to include UPS supplies and fire rated dual ring communications fibres to enable its integration in the fire services EWIS together with central extra low voltage power feeds from basement controls to all fire shutters at podium and centre roof being backed by UPS and generators, all required to meet the stringent Fire Engineered Report
for the site. DMX lighting control was developed to incorporate the house lighting services and sports lighting through a single user interface.
The project was recognised by our peers as another award winning project from our team.
Scope of works performed
- New High Voltage Main Switchboard, & new HV feeder reticulation
- New Private HV Substation complete with 4 x 1.5MVA Transformers
- New Main Switchboards and Distribution Boards
- Mains and Submains Power Reticulation
- General Power and lighting
- Feature lighting and general lighting including Lighting Control
- Emergency escape lighting and exit signage
- New Roof Sports lighting & Relocation of Sports lighting towers 1 & 6
- New Scoreboard power & communications feeds
- Services to new upgraded Video Sight Screens
- Backbone and lead in Fibre cabling
- Structured Cabling for
- Point Of Sale services
- IPTV Services
- WI-FI Services
- Data and Telephone services
- Outside & inside Broadcast infrastructure
- DAS infrastructure
- Stadium PA & AV Installation
- Security and CCTV Installation
- Lighting Protection
Barnwell Cambridge received a Nation Award for the complete Lighting Design and Installation on the project, being benchmarked to international standards.
Barnwell Cambridge have been involved in a number of high-profile stadium developments over its many years in business, starting from the Sydney Olympics to the recent completion of the new award-winning Bradman Nobel stand at the Sydney Cricket Ground at Moore Park.
The companies’ expertise has also provided valuable design development and construction in major upgrades and specialist sporting event deployments, to existing stadiums, to meet the specific needs of its clients and the venue. This ability has also extended to the company in holding maintenance contracts at venues to ensure reliability is provided.
The company has the unique ability with its in-house design department to be able to provide purpose-built electrical services and infrastructure from initial Design Concept with the client and architect to project completion.
To provide a snapshot of our stadium history and capabilities, we provided the following sample of reference sites, highlighting the services provided to these client successfully. We are also able to manage other third-party service contracts for clients as a principal contractor, to ensure all systems are seamlessly maintained, tested and to provide a single point of contact.
- Sydney Cricket Ground – Victor Trumper Stand
- Sydney Cricket Ground – Sydney Football Stadium – various
- Sydney Showground Homebush – Showring Arena Fit-out
- Sydney Showground Homebush – Skoda Arena Upgrade
- Sydney Showground Homebush – Hockey Stadium
- Blacktown Sporting Complex – Baseball