Ken rosewall arena redevelopment
In the early stages of the project, Barnwell Cambridge was engaged to provide design assistance, proposals and cost plans for the project. The initial stages also required detailed methodologies to be developed with the builder in order to meet the compressed client program.
The projects five month construction build period required dedicated team leaders for the various specialised services to be installed. Site limitations included limited free access to high level areas required detailed access methodologies to be developed, to allow the vast installation of services at a high level while other teams were working below.
The project incorporated bespoke utilisation of systems not previously installed in order to achieve the Alternative Fire Engineered Solution developed for the site. The PA system was developed to include UPS supplies and fire rated dual ring communications fibres to enable its integration in the fire services EWIS together with central extra low voltage power feeds from basement controls to all fire shutters at podium and centre roof being backed by UPS and generators, all required to meet the stringent Fire Engineered Report
for the site. DMX lighting control was developed to incorporate the house lighting services and sports lighting through a single user interface.
The project was recognised by our peers as another award winning project from our team.
Scope of works performed:
- Upgrade of existing substations and consumer mains.
- Installation of new SPD Cubicles.
- Installation of new OB Main Switchboard and metering.
- Supply and Installation of new Distribution Boards.
- Supply and Installation of 125KVA Generator.
- Supply and Installation Power Factor Correction.
- Supply and Installation of 90KVA Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) systems.
- Supply and Installation of new C-Bus and DMX Lighting control systems.
- Supply and Installation of new Sports Lighting System.
- Supply and Installation of new AV System consisting of class leading sound and visual displays including head end systems.
- Supply and Installation of Outside Broadcast Cabling and systems.
- Supply and Installation of Communications Optical Fibre and Copper Cabling.
- Supply and installation of Electrical and Communisations Systems pathways, cable Trays and cable containment at high and low levels.