Paspaley Pearls (Sydney)
No 2 Martin Place was built in 1908 for the Bank of Australasia to reflect the splendour of the era with high levels of finishes for an important financial institution. The site has now become the new Flagship Boutique store for Paspaley Pearls. The Splendour of the building’s internal elements of ceilings, columns and windows were categorised as Heritage items, with the internal and external stonework equally as magnificent.
Barnwell Cambridge were awarded the contract to install the new electrical services as part of the refurbishment and store fit-out. The heritage elements provided several challenges to the site team as they worked closely, with the Client, Sydney City Council, Client Architect, Heritage Architect, and builder to develop installation solutions to the heritage constraints provided. This included the careful removal of heritage window frames and timber floors to access wall and ceiling cavities to allow the installation of the new services. The elegant design of the refurbishment included bespoke chandelier at 4 metres diameter and 4 meters high being the largest of its kind in Australia with custom matching wall sconces and display cabinets with concealed LED strip lighting that was at the forefront of display lighting for the retail market.
The services provided included,
⦁ Main Switchboards and Distribution Boards
⦁ Mains and Submains Cabling
⦁ Cable Management Systems for LV and Communications Services
⦁ General Lighting and Power
⦁ Emergency Escape Lighting and Exit Signage
⦁ C-Bus Lighting Control System
⦁ Data Communications Cabling
⦁ Intrusion Detection System and Access Control System
⦁ CCTV System
The acclaimed project was a State and National Winner at the NECA industry awards.